[Soot-list] debugging flow analyses

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Mon Aug 13 13:06:18 EDT 2012

Hi Yitzhak.

There is no debug support in Soot for that, as this really depends on
your concrete analysis. An intra-procedural analysis should hopefully
terminate in seconds, otherwise it's quite useless anyway.

Eric

On 13 August 2012 15:37, Yitzhak Mandelbaum <yhmandelbaum at cert.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written a flow analysis and it is taking a *long* time to run. So long that I cannot tell if it is a bug or an infinite loop. Are there any options that will prompt the ForwardFlowAnalysis class to print debugging information that might help me determine whether the algorithm is converging towards a fixpoint or just looping endlessly?
>
> Thanks,
> Yitzhak
> Yitzhak Mandelbaum
> CERT / Software Engineering Institute
> Carnegie Mellon University
> http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~yhm

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt