[Soot-list] ForwardBranchedFlowAnalysis's 'flowThrough'

Zell zell08v at orange.fr
Wed Aug 22 14:12:46 EDT 2012

Hello,

I feel confused about the ForwardBranchedFlowAnalysis's 'flowThrough'
method:
flowThrough

protected abstract void *flowThrough*(A
<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/toolkits/scalar/BranchedFlowAnalysis.html>
in,
                                    Unit
<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/Unit.html> s,
                                    List
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.6.0/docs/api/java/util/List.html?is-external=true><A
<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/toolkits/scalar/BranchedFlowAnalysis.html>>
fallOut,
                                    List
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.6.0/docs/api/java/util/List.html?is-external=true><A
<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/toolkits/scalar/BranchedFlowAnalysis.html>>
branchOuts)

What are the fallOut and branchOuts parameters?  I have not yet encountered
cases with more than one 'fall' branches, so I do not see why 'fallout' is
of 'List<A>' type. This point is confusing because the API uses single form
for 'fallout' parameter, but pluriel for 'branchouts' parameter, while both
of them are of List<A> types.

Do you have examples that show the using of  ForwardBranchedFlowAnalysis's
flowThrough method ? Many thanks.

Zell.