[Soot-list] Incomplete Call Graph for Web Application

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Dec 13 03:35:08 EST 2012

Hello.

> In other words, we'd need a call graph algorithm that can point to an
> interface and leave it at that if need be. I don't recall a Spark option
> to enable that. Any pointers to make it happen?

I think many people are aware of this problem, and the problem is
quite pressing, but not much research has been done in this area. The
question is what can be done automatically if you really can assume
nothing about the library except for it's API.

Karim Ali and Ondrej Lhotak had a paper in that direction but it still
extracts some knowledge about the API's implementation as far as I can
recall:
http://plg.uwaterloo.ca/~olhotak/pubs/ecoop12.pdf

Ondrej, by the way, are you still planning on integrating this into Soot?

Cheers,