[Soot-list] cha, rta: ok but vta fails

Quentin Sabah quentin.sabah at inria.fr
Mon Dec 24 05:57:28 EST 2012

Hi Pierre,

> Hi everybody,
> I'm able to generate cha and rta call graphs but vta is not working.
>
> To clearly expose my problem, I created a web page:
>
> http://www.loria.fr/~casertap/vta_problem.html

First, I'm not familiar with the VTA implementation in Soot.
What I can see is that virtual call edges to m(), and to initializers, are missing in the VTA analysis result. I can also see that these methods have an empty body.

Would the VTA performs some kind of side-effect analysis and deduce these edges may be omitted? Or, because these methods provide no typing information at all, the VTA is not reporting them as they should be ?

Have you the same kind of results when the methods are filled with useful statements ?

--
Quentin Sabah, CIFRE Ph.D. student
Grenoble University
mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
phone: +33 476 61 52 42        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14