[Soot-list] Instrumenting OSGi bundles

Nuno Machado nmachado at gsd.inesc-id.pt
Thu Feb 2 09:06:51 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I would like to use Soot to instrument an application that consists of OSGi bundles. Since there is no main class or single entry point, is this possible to do?

I guess that by manually adding a dummy main method to a class, one can instrument that class. Therefore, for instrumenting all the bundles, is it required to add a main method to all classes in every bundle (in order to assure that every class is analyzed by soot)? If no, could you give some hints on how can I do it?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Nuno