[Soot-list] soot-jasmin update ?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Fri Feb 10 09:02:25 EST 2012

Hi Vincent.

Unfortunately, this is not very easy. Soot is using a spawn of the
original jasmin. Our version was spawned of years ago and since then
has had many features added that the "official" version does not
support. In fact, I believe that our version has now more features
than the original one, which, to the best of my knowledge, has not
been updated for years. (We recently added support for Java 7's
invokedynamic bytecodes, for instance.)

But what exactly are those jl5 attributes you are talking about? There
probably is similar feature in Soot's version of Jasmin, or may be
those attributes can be added easily.

Cheers,
Eric

On 10 February 2012 14:47, Vincent Cavé <vc8 at rice.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use soot to generate methods that have some jl5's attributes such as the 'bridge' attribute. As I found out soot uses a modified version of jasmin which doesn't support these feature present in the official jasmin 2.4.
>
> Are there any major problems preventing from updating soot-jasmin to the latest jasmin ? Is this something you're planning to do at some point ?
>
> Best,
> Vincent

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt