[Soot-list] Invalid bytecode after processing with soot (java.lang.VerifyError for invokespecial)

Cristina Ilie crysgirlro at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 07:36:02 EST 2012

Hello,

My tool (which uses Soot) has a problem with source files which contain "special invokes" when I'm generating .class.

When I set the output to Dava type all is ok. My output source file works fine. But when I apply my tool to the same
code example and I set the output as .class file I have the following problem: [1]. This is obvious that is from the
special invoke call... I tried to take a look to the bytecode but I can't figure out... I read on some forums that similar

problems were encountered when some optimizations tools made some annotations to the code and altered the

bytecode making it invalid. I suppose here it's something similar... What to disable from soot to be sure that the bytecode
is not altered? Or do you think the problem is elsewhere?

[1] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: AppSource, method: g_compute signature: (LDerivType;)LDerivType;)

Incompatible object argument for invokespecial at FMTest.main(FMTest.java:23)

Cristina