[Soot-list] Compile Jedd to non-bdd version

Ondrej Lhotak olhotak at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 18 11:09:06 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:29:24AM +0000, Khilan Gudka wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to compile jedd code to a non-bdd version?

No, but you can use the JavaBDD backend, which is pure Java,
if what you're really trying to avoid is the binary BDD libraries.

> So that I could use
> the resulting code with Spark?
> I'm using the BDD Escape Analysis but don't
> really need the context-sensitivity anymore. Or would I need to re-implement
> this analysis for Spark?

One of the design goals of Jedd and Paddle was interoperability with
Java. In particular, the BDDEscapeAnalysis should work seemlessly even
if you run the non-BDD version of Paddle (although it might be slower,
since the Paddle output will be converted to BDDs). I don't know how
hard it would be to adapt Spark to have the same output interface
as Paddle, but it should be possible: you would have to implement
what is in the Paddle Results class, but for Spark.

If what you really want is a contest insensitive analysis, then Paddle
supports that too.

Finally, the BDDEscapeAnalysis is not all that complicated, and
could be reimplemented in plain Java.