[Soot-list] Combine Soot with BDDBDDB?

Ondrej Lhotak olhotak at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 31 13:51:07 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 03:55:46PM +0100, Z wrote:
> Hello, it should be a naive question,  but is there an easy and
> effective way to combine SOOT and BDDBDDB?
>
> By combine "Soot", I mean to use it either as a front-end to parse out
> the facts such as "at program point P, a call statement S takes
> place". either SOOT is used to provide some relations that its
> predefined analysis yields.

I don't know of anyone who has done this with BDDBDDB specifically, or
using the BDDBDDB input format, but it is easy to do in general. You
can write code to output whatever information you need in the form of
relations. One example that does this is Doop:
http://doop.program-analysis.org/

Earlier, we did this in Spark to output relations for a hand-coded
external solver; Spark still has the dump-pag option that does this.