[Soot-list] Instrumentation of a class

Ken Dinsmore kdinsmore at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 19:19:00 EDT 2012

I have a naïve question about instrumenting a class. All I want to do is add
a class level attribute, then in two of the existing methods in the class to
be instrumented, call a couple of methods of the new class level attribute
that I added. That should not be very difficult, but I’m have trouble
getting it to actually work. I’ve been looking at “using Soot to Instrument
a Class File” and “Creating a Class From Scratch with Soot”. Based on those
examples (and a few others) I am using a BodyTransformer and adding it to
the JTP pack.

Is there a different tutorial or example that I should be looking at?

Ken Dinsmore