[Soot-list] Relaxing Semantic rules for Java?

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Wed Jul 11 21:21:43 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am parsing a big code base, Alfresco, and I am getting some parsing
errors because of @Override annotations.

Here are a few, but they're all on the same pattern
org/alfresco/wcm/client/impl/ResourceBaseImpl.java:110:
   Semantic Error: method does not override a method from its superclass
org/alfresco/wcm/client/impl/ResourceBaseImpl.java:119:
   Semantic Error: method does not override a method from its superclass
org/alfresco/wcm/client/impl/ResourceBaseImpl.java:129:
   Semantic Error: method does not override a method from its superclass
org/alfresco/wcm/client/impl/ResourceBaseImpl.java:138:
   Semantic Error: method does not override a method from its superclass

I'm attaching the superclass and the extending class.

I had this on a previous file, and I 'solved' the problem by deleting
the annotations, but I don't feel like doing it for the whole program. ;)

At a quick glance, I don't see what would be wrong.
P.S. Note that the original file didn't have the methods public. I added
that, but it didn't solve anything

First: is that a bug in the Java front-end?
Second: if not, is there an option to relax the semantic rules to get a
warning instead?

--
Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Étudiant au doctorat - PhD Student