[Soot-list] How does Jimple preserve semantics with its partial SSA without Phi-node mechanism?? (with an example illustrating my idea)

Quentin Sabah quentin.sabah at inria.fr
Thu Jul 12 05:34:58 EDT 2012

Hello,

> If I understand correctly, Jimple introduces a unique names for each use of local variable, but Jimple does not use Phi-node. So I wonder how Jimple preserves the semantics? My question is more clear with the following example:

Jimple is not SSA, Shimple is. Jimple use a local variable for each value location (stack, variable).

For your example, I believe the ; after the while condition is your bug.
while (x<10);{

--
Quentin Sabah, CIFRE Ph.D. student
Grenoble University
mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
phone: +33 476 61 52 42        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14