[Soot-list] Counting exits in a loop - understanding Jimple "goto [?= nop]"

Quentin Sabah quentin.sabah at inria.fr
Mon Jul 16 09:17:23 EDT 2012

Hi,
You strangely have a lot of "nop" instructions. And I cannot see any
instruction comparing k and 2 for the k<2 condition.

> 1. What is the meaning of "goto [?= nop]"
It means 'inconditional jump to instruction <string representation of
the target instruction>'.

Here, the execution continues to the next instruction (no branching), so
it is printed '[?= <TARGET TO STRING>]'.
You can read the code of JGotoStmt.toString() about that.

> 2. Any guidance on why there are 3 exits in the loop statements shown above?
No sorry, the code dump is hardly readable. Can you identify the 3 exits
instruction precisely ?

--
Quentin Sabah, CIFRE Ph.D. student
Grenoble University
mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
phone: +33 476 61 52 42        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14