[Soot-list] Relaxing Semantic rules for Java?

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Mon Jul 16 18:54:40 EDT 2012

On 07/16/2012 06:49 PM, Eric Bodden wrote:
> Hi.
>
>> My guess is that we could replace the front-end with the JastAdd Java 7
>> front-end.
>
> While we could do this, that would not solve the problem. The problem
> is that there are different versions of Java, and hence the frontend
> would need to be switchable.
>
> Eric

Not fun. There are 3 JastAdd frontends, and there is the legacy Polyglot
one too. :(

Do we have a sound reason to keep Polyglot? JastAddJ has a 1.4 backend
too. If we're stuck having to handle many JastAdd front-ends, we might
as well go all the way and slash Polyglot :)
AFAIK, Polyglot is unmaintained and that makes it a a long-term
liability IMHO.

Regards,

--
Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau