[Soot-list] Right way to recognize a temporary JimpleLocal (like $r1) ?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Jul 19 09:32:39 EDT 2012

Hi Zell.

I think there is no 100% reliable way to do this. The better way to go
about this is to rethink your analysis. Treating temporaries as
something special is somewhat fishy. Can you not just treat them just
like any other local variables?

Eric

On 19 July 2012 01:09, Z <zell08v at orange.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am prototyping a toy points-to analysis. Temporary local reference
> variables starting with dollar '$' are used as points-to targets. It is thus
> necessary for me to be able to distinguish a temporary variable like '$r1'
> with ordinary ones without the starting dollar, like r2.
>
> What is the right way to recognize a JimpleLocal starting with dollar signs?
>
> The naive hack fails: the toString or getName method of a temporary local
> returns the variable name after removing  dollar sign beforehand, so  it is
> not possible to recognize them through their toString or getName methods.
>
> Thanks for your ideas.
>
> Zell.

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt