[Soot-list] Using soot for generating call graph

Ragini Patel raginippatel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 15:55:23 EDT 2012

Hello,

I want to analyze application's dynamic behavior. For that I want to have a
call graph view of the application's run. Could I achieve this with soot
eclipse plug in or command line commands ? If yes then which one is better
?  I mean can I run soot with my an application (say webserver) and have
call graph view of it ?

Please note that I am not interested in the statistical analysis of the
program/application rather would be interested in analyzing it's runtime
behavior (with use of Call graph for e.g.)

I have gone through soot's survivors guide but I am bit confused about
whether it is suitable to my requirement .

Could you people please let me know if I can use soot for this ? if yes
then How should I proceed ?

I would highly appreciate your response !

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.