[Soot-list] How to read Java 5 annotations?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Tue Jun 12 19:43:34 EDT 2012

Hi again.

I am not sure what the doc says but annotations do not get lost in the
conversion to Jimple. They are manifested as AnnotationTag objects on
SootClass, SootMethod or SootField objects:
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/tagkit/AnnotationTag.html

Cheers,
Eric

On 13 June 2012 04:39, Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau
<marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am reading this tutorial:
> http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/addattributes/index.html
>
> It says near the end that Java attributes get 'lost' along the way. Is
> there a way to read them anyway in soot?
>
> If I were to parse a java file to jimple, would the Java 5 annotations
> be kept in the Jimple format?
>
> Which subclass of Tag would be used to record those? Is there any
> particular encoding I need to worry about?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
> Étudiant au doctorat - PhD Student

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt