[Soot-list] Jimplification via ASM , was: SOAP workshop summary

Patrick Lam plam at sable.mcgill.ca
Mon Jun 18 10:46:59 EDT 2012

On 06/18/12 10:41, Eric Bodden wrote:
> Could you tell me a bit more about this code? For instance, how well
> was it tested? Does it convert all bytecodes (including Java 7's
> invokedynamic) into Jimple? How about bytecode attributes?

(I was thinking that Eric would volunteer to go and test the code! It
would be good to know about prior testing, though.)

Attributes & invokedynamic would be good to support, although we'd have
to do it sometime anyway if we wanted anything other than the current
Coffi backend.

I'd also be very curious about how long it takes to run Spark with
this ASM frontend.

Incidentally, at the workshop, we also discussed the possibility of
stripping down Spark; Ondrej designed it as a pointer analysis framework
which would support experimentation. These days, we know what the best
settings are. Could we simplify the design by hardcoding those settings?

> @Patrick: Is the ASM license compatible with Soot's LGPL?

Yes, it is a 3-clause BSD license, which is compatible with LGPL.

pat