[Soot-list] Confused by SOOT tags: in source file or in .jimple file? And how to remove them?

Z zell08v at orange.fr
Wed Jun 20 00:45:24 EDT 2012

Hello,

I feel quite confused about the SOOT tags. Sometimes they are given in the
source code (in the case of built-in nullness colorer launched from
eclipse) , sometimes they are shown in .jimple code (in the case of
built-in liveness analysis lauched from eclipse). Worse, for an
user-defined analysis like a third-part liveness analysis, I got those tags
appearing in my source with a probability of 30% using the following
soot-options.

    Args="-xml-attributes -f j -p jtp.myLiveness on tester.Snippet"

I certainly get something wrong here. Could you help?

 And my another question is, how to get rid of those tags once generated??
I generated some tags from nullness analysis, and they are always there
with the "SA" labels aside.

Thanks for your help. Great tool!

Zell.