[Soot-list] possible bug? (using -dump-cfg on windows)

Sean Wedig sean.wedig at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:04:14 EDT 2012

Maybe related / maybe not, but I've noted similar issues with the
-dump-body command line option, too, when doing intraprocedural analysis.
(Sorry - I'm a bad user, I never reported it!)

As for desired behavior, I've seen several systems that take disallowed
characters and just replace them with an underscore.  A more clever fix
might be replacing specific disallowed characters with similar-looking
allowed ones (e.g., replacing angle brackets with parentheses), but that
also means we'll be changing the text in possibly non-obvious ways.  So
maybe just replace with underscores?

For reference, on Windows 7 64-bit, renaming a folder claims that the
disallowed characters are

(spaces added for legibility)

-Sean