[Soot-list] A flexible no-bodies option?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Jun 28 00:50:18 EDT 2012

Hello.

> I am using a whole program analysis with a lot of exclusions. Running
> spark I get this error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: This operation
> requires resolving level HIERARCHY but sun.misc.ClassFileTransformer is
> at resolving level DANGLING
> If you are extending Soot, try to add the following call before calling
> soot.Main.main(..):
> Scene.v().addBasicClass(sun.misc.ClassFileTransformer,HIERARCHY);
>
> I understand from previous mailing list messages that this would be due
> to the fact that I am allowing no bodies for excluded.

Even with that option enabled you should not see this error. That's
the whole point of having that option.

Are you using 2.5.0 or the build from the master branch? In the latter
we indeed discovered a bug giving such behavior which we are currently
fixing. If you are using 2.5.0, can you let us know how you invoke
Soot?

Cheers,