[Soot-list] Re : Re: Re : number of class instances

Quentin Sabah quentin.sabah at inria.fr
Wed Mar 14 08:26:52 EDT 2012

I add the soot-list to my response, other users may have interesting solutions.

----- Abderrahmene Seriai <seriai.abdelrahmene at gmail.com> a écrit :
> actually what I want to do is to know which method was called by which
> instance, ie I want to have a mapping between instances of classes and
> methods.

You can instrument every invoke expression of the bytecode to dump:
 - the current object (@this) [1]
 - optionaly, the base reference of the invocation (@this parameter for the callee) see [2]
 - the callee method name/class [3]

[1] http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/Body.html#getThisLocal%28%29
[2] http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/jimple/InstanceInvokeExpr.html#getBase%28%29
[3] http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/jimple/InvokeExpr.html#getMethod%28%29

--
Quentin Sabah, co-funded Ph.D. student
Grenoble University
mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
phone: +33 476 61 52 42        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14