[Soot-list] Is there a way to get the object whose method is being called?

Cheng Zhang cheng.zhang.stap at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 10:28:53 EDT 2012

Hi,

For a virtual call, the actually object generally cannot be determined
statically,
although you can use static analysis (e.g. pointer analysis) to resolve
some virtual calls.

I guess you can instrument the program to identify the object information
at runtime.
A possible solution is to insert a statement before the method call to
record the object information.
Once you know the exact type of the object, the actually target can be
identified.

Best,
Cheng

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Clarissa Grixti <clarissa_14_4 at hotmail.com