[Soot-list] FlowAnalysis on large graphs

Patrick Lam plam at sable.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 29 02:29:05 EDT 2012

On 03/28/2012 11:20 PM, Cheng Zhang wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Based on my experience, a lot of people may have run Soot (in its whole
 > program mode) on the DaCapo benchmark:
 > http://dacapobench.org/
 >
 > I guess some of the programs are large, e.g. eclipse and tomcat.
 > I used to run a simple analysis (written by myself) on a quad-core
 > machine with 2.33GHz CPU and 16G main memory.
 > The analysis can be finished within hours and I think my algorithms can
 > be optimized to reduce the run time.

I don't know about tomcat. But I believe that there's a problem with
"eclipse" as we usually analyze it in the context of DaCapo: my
understanding is that the default way of analyzing it only gets the
Eclipse loader, not the bulk of the code, which is inside jar files and
hence unanalyzed.

I don't know about how large of a program people do manage to analyze
successfully.

pat