[Soot-list] how does soot handle constant fraction

dingsun xyz031702 at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 22:45:42 EDT 2012

Dear All,
Recently I encountered a problem of constant folding, which means replacing expression with constant values when all the variables in expression are constants or local defined. The direct difficulty is "how to handle constant fraction"?Say, if getting "1/3", shall I replace it with "0.3333333" or remain it as "1/3"--->  (In soot, 1/3 will be an AST expression "1 div 3", but 0.33333333 will be an constant), this will make big difference later when we need to solve the related constraint. I'm not sure about this and approach for suggestions here.  For example, how does Soot handle the similar issue?
Best Regards,Ding Sun