[Soot-list] Jimple optimizations before Shimple transformation

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Tue Oct 2 07:48:18 EDT 2012

Hello.

> Thank you for your quick reply. Would this mean that I would have to rewrite
> these optimizations myself to use them here? I assume that the standard
> optimizations in the Jimple optimization pack would not be able to operate
> on Shimple without modifications. Is this correct?

Oh, I think I forgot about this little but quite important detail :-/
You are right, that won't work since wspp comes after the conversion
to Shimple.

I guess in that case your best bet is to create a fork of Soot and
modify the PackManager to your needs.

I wonder if it would be a good student project to figure out a better
scheduling mechanism for packs...