[Soot-list] Basic question

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Sat Oct 13 12:03:40 EDT 2012

Hello.

If you converted your apk to a jar then it should be included just
like any other jar file. The android support in Soot is for analyzing
apk files directly. (but to do this you need a plugin called dexpler,
which we have yet to release)

Eric

On 13 October 2012 00:54, Henddher Pedroza <hpedro2 at uic.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using Soot 2.5.0
>
> I am trying to do analysis of Android apps (technically .jar before
> kicking dex).
>
> Can someone explain how to configure soot (soot-classpath, include,
> exclude, process-dir, phantoms, etc, etc.) to load classes in
> myandroidapp.jar?
> I suppose that I will need to specify the path to "android.jar" and any
> other .jar the myandroidapp.jar refers to (i.e. maps.jar, etc).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Henddher

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt