[Soot-list] java.lang.VerifyError

左小强 xiaoqiang861025 at yahoo.cn
Wed Sep 5 01:11:56 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I tried to obtain the runtime value of the operand in ConditionExpr (IfStmt). Therefore I use Soot to instrument the class file.
I intend to insert the following function into the class file:
   public static void appendConExpr(java.lang.Object op1)

using the following statements:
   InvokeExpr conditionExpr = Jimple.v().newStaticInvokeExpr(			traceAppendConExpr.makeRef(),                         ((BinopExpr) ((IfStmt) stmt).getCondition()).getOp1());  Stmt conditionStmt = Jimple.v().newInvokeStmt(conditionExpr);  units.insertBefore(conditionStmt, stmt);
The instrumentation phase is OK, however when i run the instrumented program, the Exception "java.lang.VerifyError" is thrown.
Can anyone tell me the reason and how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Zhiqiang