[Soot-list] Heros question

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Sat Apr 6 11:21:36 EDT 2013

See here:

if(p) x = new HashSet(); else x = new ArrayList();
x.clear(); // one call site, two possible targets

Eric

On 6 April 2013 00:00, Henddher Pedroza <hpedro2 at uic.edu> wrote:
> I see
>
> Thanks Marc-Andre.
>
> On Apr 5, 2013, at 4:56 PM, Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau <marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> What you express is the ideal. In reality, no call graph algorithm can
>> guarantee that.
>>
>> Depending on the precision of the call graph, a call can have multiple
>> targets. And when you have reflective object creation, you can end up
>> with a target to more or less everything.
>>
>> Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
>> Doctorant - PhD Candidate
>>
>> On 13-04-05 04:29 PM, Henddher Pedroza wrote:
>>> Hello Soot folks:
>>>
>>> I am new to InterprocedureCFG so apologies for this question.
>>>
>>> I cannot understand when the following call would return more than 1
>>> entry. Can someone explain?
>>>
>>> InterproceduralCFG:
>>> /**
>>> * Returns all callee methods for a given call.
>>> */
>>> public Set<M> getCalleesOfCallAt(N n);
>>>
>>> Shouldn't a node, in this case (Unit with InvokeExpr on rhs), have just
>>> one target?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> - Henddher

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt