[Soot-list] nullpointerexception in retrieveActiveBody(), in points to analysis

Zhang Yufeng yuffonzhang at 163.com
Mon Apr 15 10:48:58 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I am using Soot to do points-to analysis.

I can make it work when I do not use the soot.Main style, but only use the

SparkTransformer.v().transform("",opt);

to run SPARK. But If I set the args and run soot by soot.Main,
I encounter an exception when I want to get the body of a SootMethod object.
The exception is as follows:

at soot.SootMethod.getBodyFromMethodSource(SootMethod.java:89)
at soot.SootMethod.retrieveActiveBody(SootMethod.java:322)
at testpointto.TestPointToUseMain.getLocals(TestPointToUseMain.java:268)
at testpointto.TestPointToUseMain.main(TestPointToUseMain.java:241)

I debug and find that the SootMethod.ms is null.
I don't know why.

I run the program both on soot2.5 and soot-Github, the results are the same.
Can you help me?
Yufeng