[Soot-list] nullpointerexception in retrieveActiveBody(), in points to analysis

Richard Xiao richardxx at cse.ust.hk
Mon Apr 15 23:13:53 EDT 2013

Yes, I agree to Quentin. Perhaps you get method body after main returns.
Please comment the line "PackManager.v().writeOutput();" in the function
soot.Main.run. Then, you can do whatever after the main returns.

Cheers,
Xiao

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Quentin Sabah <quentin.sabah at inria.fr>wrote:

> Hi Yufeng,
>
> It is hard to respond without knowing the arguments you pass to Soot and
> the moment you execute the "retrieveActiveBody". From the stack trace, I
> would say you try to get the method's body after Soot's main returned.
> In such case I'm not very surprised of the exception you get. I think
> Soot is doing a lot of cleaning before returning from the main.
>
> You could try to put your code in a bodyTransformer or a
> sceneTransformer and add it to the proper analysis phase.
>
> --
> Quentin Sabah, CIFRE Ph.D. student
> Grenoble University
> INRIA-SPADES                   | STMicroelectronics/AST
> Montbonnot, France             | Grenoble, France
> mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
> phone: +33 476 61 54 57        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14

Richard Xiao Xiao
PhD Student @ CSE @ Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
www.cse.ust.hk/~richardxx