[Soot-list] Compare Value instances for equality

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Sat Apr 27 22:08:15 EDT 2013

Hello,

I think you are right. Some people told the list that reference equality
was used in Soot for performance reasons, so checking for equals() was
superfluous. You could dig in the archives for details.

I recall that there is and EquivTo interface that is implemented by a
whole bunch of stuff (if not all the Value classes). That one has
methods equivHashCode and equivTo that answers the closely related
question "is this value equivalent to another" instead of if they are
equals.

That being said, I have to ask the question: why do you need to check
for equality in the first place?

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate