[Soot-list] Need your value-based data-flow analyses

Elena Sherman elenasherman at boisestate.edu
Tue Apr 30 13:22:54 EDT 2013

Greetings,

I'm looking at an easier way to implement on-the-fly transfer functions for
an abstract domain which is the power set of disjointed domain partitions.

For example, if disjointed partitions are {minus, zero, plus}, where
{minus} correspond to the set of concrete values that are less than 0, plus
-- more than zero and, zero is {0}, then the abstract domain contains all
possible combinations of those partitions -- 8 of them, i.e.,
{{}, {minus}, {zero}, {plus}, {minus, zero}, …, {minus,zero,plus}}

So, for add (+) instruction one have to create/encode 8*8 transfer
function, i.e.,
{} + {plus} -> {}
{plus} + {minus,plus} -> {minus,zero,plus}
and so on, to account for all possible values of abstract values on the
left hand side and the right hand side of +.

My idea is to utilize a solver that would help with generating those
transfer functions. In order to see if this approach is useful I would like
to ask if you can share implementations of your transfer functions with me
that you've designed for some analysis. It is great if you have something
big and complicated, but it does have to be -- something that you might
have done for a class project would work just fine.

Thank you!
Elena