[Soot-list] Soot class loading

Norbert Sándor developer at erinors.com
Wed Aug 14 04:39:49 EDT 2013

Hello,

I try to use Soot for constructing call graphs.
It works as expected when I use it on statically compiled programs, when
the processed classes are on the "analyzer" program's classpath.

My problem is the following: I would like to include dynamically
generated classes in the call graph, that are available only via special
ClassLoaders.
(I use Javassist to generate classes dynamically:
http://www.csg.ci.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~chiba/javassist/tutorial/tutorial.html#load
)

My question:
- Can I set a custom ClassLoader for Soot to load the analyzed classes?
- Is there any documentation about how Soot finds and loads classes? Or,
can you show me the key points/classes in the Soot code base where the

Another alternative would be to use the Java Compiler API to compile the
classes, but it would require much more complicated code to do it
(because the generated classes are very simple, just a few lines of code
using Javassist).

Thanks for your help in advance!
Best regards:
Norbert Sándor