[Soot-list] Liveness Analysis

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Fri Aug 23 12:51:51 EDT 2013

Hello Alefiya,

Soot uses either Jimple or Shimple as its internal representation.
Jimple is the default.

There is nothing you can do about it, and I suggest you spend a bit of
time getting familiar with Jimple. Every static analysis tool will have
a different internal representation, Soot is no exception.

Also, I think there is already a liveness analysis in Soot. I would
check the transformers in the jb pack.

My question is: what are you really trying to do? What is your actual
objective for which you wanted a liveness analysis?

--
Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate