[Soot-list] original soot author(s)

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Feb 14 12:34:15 EST 2013

Note that this recent paper also gives a retrospective on Soot:

The Soot framework for Java program analysis: a retrospective (Patrick
Lam, Eric Bodden, Ondrej Lhoták, Laurie Hendren), In Cetus Users and
Compiler Infrastructure Workshop (CETUS 2011), 2011.

Eric

On 14 February 2013 18:05, Patrick Lam <plam at sable.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> On 14/02/13 11:56 AM, Phil Pratt-Szeliga wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am wondering if someone can tell me the original soot author(s). I
>> am writing my dissertation and would like to credit them.
>
> Raja Vallée-Rai wrote the core of Soot as we understand it today,
> including the design and implementation of the Jimple intermediate
> representation and round-tripping it to and from Java bytecode. If you
> want to know about more specific parts of Soot, let me know.
>
> pat

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt