[Soot-list] Loops and nop

Zeinab Lashkaripour lashkaripour at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 07:01:55 EST 2013

Thanks Marc-André for your reply.
I am seeking for loops in the program and for this reason I'm using  "LoopNestTree".
Because of the  "nop" instructions in the Jimple I don't get the answers I'm looking for.

For example I have the below loop that is identified,
while (i < j)
                i = j++ / i;
but the loop statements are: [nop, if i < j goto nop, ...] and because of the nop at the beginning, my loop head which is "if i < j goto nop" is specified "nop" instead.
And another issue which is related to these nops is that the destination of the jump is also specified by these nops instead of the real jump.

This should not occur because we have "jb.ne" has the default value of true and I've seen lots of examples (in various refrences) that don't contain these nops.

Regards,
 Zeinab