[Soot-list] Obtained all aliased variables?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Fri Feb 22 11:44:48 EST 2013

Hello.

My first guess would also have been to traverse the PAG (or use the
trivial "brute force" approach). It's just a quite uncommon use and
therefore there is no pre-established API for this.

Eric

On 22 February 2013 17:09, Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau
<marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to find out all the variables that are aliased to a given
> variable.
>
>  From what I can see, this is not the first time ppl ask on the ML, and
> the answer has always been to check for the intersection... (e.g
> http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2012-February/004107.html)
>
> So far, I have used the non-empty intersection check of the points-to
> set, but that's a bit tedious to do when a program has a lot of
> variables that are unrelated.
>
> Does anyone know how to get all the Local and SootField objects that are
> aliased to a given Local/SootField? The only option I can think of is
> traversing the PAG - but the API doesn't look very much suited for my
> needs. Am I missing some magic visitor class???
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
> Doctorant - PhD Candidate

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt