[Soot-list] Is there a work-around to have reachingObjects(AllocNode an, SootField f) in the PointsToAnalysis Interface?

Zhoulai zell08v at orange.fr
Thu Feb 28 02:10:49 EST 2013

Hello,

In Spark, how can I get the points-to set regarding to an AllocNode and a
SootField ? I see that the class

 soot.jimple.spark.geom.geomPA

offers this method:
PointsToSet<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/PointsToSet.html>
*GeomPointsTo.**reachingObjects<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/jimple/spark/geom/geomPA/GeomPointsTo.html#reachingObjects%28soot.jimple.spark.pag.AllocNode,%20soot.SootField%29>
*(AllocNode<http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/jimple/spark/pag/AllocNode.html>
an,
SootField <http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/doc/soot/SootField.html> f)

This method allows the query of points-to set from an AllocNode and a
SootField. Is there some workaround to have this functionality using Sark's
default interface PointsToAnalysis? As far as I know, the interface has a
method to obtain the points-to set with a local variable and a sootfield,
which is different from the above mentioned interface*.*

For example, suppose that variable 'x' points to allocation sites 'h1',
'h2', and h1 points to h2 via field 'f'. How can we obtain the arc
(h1,f,h2)?

Thank you for your idea.

Zell.