[Soot-list] Getting shimple transformation to work

Don Manuel evolutiontheory at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:25:03 EST 2013

Hi guys,

I am trying to do some analysis to work on Shimple here. We have a bare bone analysis on call graphs and this we have achieved using Jimple. Now we are trying to get this ported to Shimple due to the advantages offered by SSA.
The program is running without errors but it is not running the scene transformations which I have coded.

Please see the code attached with this mail.
The code I am running is very simple but the print statements inside the internal transform is not coming at all. Maybe I am doing something stupid, but cannot figure our why.

Any thoughts or tips on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Don Manuel

public class SampleMainShimple {
	public static void main(String[] args)
	{
		String jarLoc = "/Users/evolutiontheory/codeLibrary/EWorkspace/sampleDataFlowShimple/bin";

		PackManager
				.v()
				.getPack("wstp")
				.add(new Transform("wstp.myTrans", new SceneTransformer() {

					protected void internalTransform(String arg1, Map arg2) {
						// TODO Auto-generated method stub
//						Map<String, SootMethod> soot = new HashMap<String, SootMethod>();
						G.v().out.println("Testing with v.out");
						System.out.println("Testing internal transform");
					}

				}));

		String[] sootArgs = {"-w", "-allow-phantom-refs", //"-f", "shimple",
					"-x", "soot.:java.",
					"-process-dir" , jarLoc,
					"-cp", jarLoc};

		soot.Main.main(sootArgs);