[Soot-list] How to measure the time consumed by each SOOT phase?

Zhoulai zell08v at orange.fr
Wed Jan 9 02:07:52 EST 2013

Hello,

Is there a way to measure the execution time of each SOOT phase? In
particular, how to obtain the time consumed that Spark generates the
points-to graph?

I personally find the output of SOOT on its used time confusing. Here is
what I get:

[Call Graph] For information on where the call graph may be incomplete, use
the verbose option to the cg phase.

[Spark] Pointer Assignment Graph in 3.9 seconds.
[Spark] Type masks in 2.9 seconds.
[Spark] Pointer Graph simplified in 0.0 seconds.
[Spark] Propagation in 37.9 seconds.
[Spark] Solution found in 37.9 seconds.

According to my watch, the total consumed time of SOOT in its cg.spark
phase is the
time1 + time2 + time3 + time5

in which time_i is for the time indicated on the i -th line above. It seems
that time4 and time5 are always the same.

What is more, the '-time' command line option does not give me any more
information about the time used by SOOT.  I may misunderstood something?
How to obtain the exact time consumed that Spark generates the  points-to
graph?

Thanks.

Zell.