[Soot-list] How to measure the time consumed by each SOOT phase?

Hamid A. Toussi hamid2c at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 13:18:55 EST 2013

Hi Zell,

> Thanks for your reply.  I used a watch and obtained 43 seconds. The 3.9
> second should refer to  the step to build the points-to graph, right?

Pointer Assignment Graph (PAG) is not the same as points-to graph. PAG
is a graph representation of parts of input program which are used in
a flow-insensitive pointer analysis. Things like store and load
instructions. Control flow is irrelevant here since it is not used in
the analysis (propagation phase of Spark).

Hamid
http://hamid2c.github.com/