[Soot-list] jce.jar

Minas Charalambides minchar86 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:31:46 EST 2013

Hello and sorry if this question has been answered before (for some reason
I cannot view the list archives, I am getting  "decompression failed"
message).

I use the following arguments (copied from my source code)

        argsList.addAll(Arrays.asList(new String[]
                {
                    "-w",
                    "--app",
                    "-main-class", "tryingsoot.TryingSoot",
                    "-process-path", "~/sootTesters",
                    "-src-prec", "java",
                    "-f", "n",
                    "-cp", javaHome + "/ui.jar:"
                            + javaHome + "/classes.jar:"
                            + javaHome + "/jce.jar:"
                            + javaHome + "/jsse.jar:.",
                    "tryingsoot.TryingSoot"
                }));

then add my own BodyTransformer to the wjpp pack. Inside the transformer, I
create a SootClass and a SootMethod, and I also
do Scene.v().loadClassAndSupport("java.lang.Object") somewhere.

Now if I comment all of the latter code out, there is no problem. If I
leave it as it is, running the program gives me the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn't find class:
javax.crypto.Cipher (is your soot-class-path set properly?)

I am getting the same error on java 1.6, 1.5 and 1.4 (haven't tried
lower) and I am getting the same error on Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Ubuntu 12.04

Thanks beforehand,

Minas