[Soot-list] Missing Back-pointers?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Mon Jan 21 02:34:48 EST 2013

Hello.

> I get my IFDS results as locals. From there, I would like to retrieve
> the enclosing Unit, then its SootMethod. However, from a Value, it seems
> like I can only get other Value references via getUseBoxes.
>
> Is soot implemented with back-pointers that allow me to do the traversal
> I mentioned?

No, not at this level. It would complicate some transformations if
there were such back pointers. If you need this information then you
need to store the mapping in some other data structure. One solution
would be to propagate pairs of <Unit,Local> instead. From a Unit you
can easily go back to its body (and method) using the ICFG.