[Soot-list] Heros with Shimple?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Mon Jan 21 13:57:59 EST 2013

> I'm not super knowledgeable of Shimple - but I understand that there is
> very little beyond Jimple - it could be a simple extension.
>
> Should I consider it as 'work in progress'? ;)

Hmmm, I just had a look at the soot.shimple package and from what I
can see it's actually really just Jimple with two new kinds of
expressions (phi and pi). In other words, the statements do not change
at all.

The interesting question is is the UnitGraph implementations can
compute the successor relation correctly for phi/pi nodes. If that's
the case (which I think it is) then JimpleBasedInterproceduralCFG
should just work for Shimple.

Maybe could you just try it out and see if it work for you?