[Soot-list] Geom points-to analysis in Soot-2.5.0

Zhoulai zell08v at orange.fr
Thu Jan 24 04:38:27 EST 2013

Helo,

I would like to know whether it is possible to stick with soot-2.5.0
release version,  and use the geometric encoding points-to analysis
algorithm from the nightly version? Does it suffice to copy the
corresponding package into the soot-2.5.0 's version?

I  encounted an exception when applying geometric encoding to
Dacapo-2006-MR's eclipse benchmark. (see below). I hope this has been fixed
in the nightly version?

Thanks for your help.
 Zell.

Warning: java.dyn.InvokeDynamic is a phantom class!
[Call Graph] For information on where the call graph may be incomplete, use
the verbose option to the cg phase.
[Spark] Pointer Assignment Graph in 3.3 seconds.
[Spark] Type masks in 4.5 seconds.
[Spark] Pointer Graph simplified in 0.0 seconds.
[Spark] Propagation in 49.6 seconds.
[Spark] Solution found in 49.6 seconds.

1 starts working on untitled benchmark.
Preprocess Time : 1.455s

Round 0 :
Reachable Methods = 10437, in which #Condensed Nodes = 7439, #Full Context
Nodes = 0
Maximum SCC = 2923
The maximum context size = 8.045124e+09
We have 115747 legal constraints at the beginning, occupies 0.580 of the
total.
    at
soot.jimple.spark.geom.geomE.FullSensitiveNode.instantiateLoadConstraint(FullSensitiveNode.java:781)
    at
soot.jimple.spark.geom.geomE.FullSensitiveNode.propagate(FullSensitiveNode.java:229)
    at
soot.jimple.spark.geom.geomPA.GeomPointsTo.solveConstraints(GeomPointsTo.java:708)
    at
soot.jimple.spark.geom.geomPA.GeomPointsTo.solve(GeomPointsTo.java:1018)
    at
soot.jimple.spark.SparkTransformer.internalTransform(SparkTransformer.java:188)
    at soot.SceneTransformer.transform(SceneTransformer.java:39)
    at soot.Transform.apply(Transform.java:89)
    at soot.RadioScenePack.internalApply(RadioScenePack.java:57)
    at
soot.jimple.toolkits.callgraph.CallGraphPack.internalApply(CallGraphPack.java:49)
    at soot.Pack.apply(Pack.java:114)
    at soot.PackManager.runWholeProgramPacks(PackManager.java:417)
    at soot.PackManager.runPacks(PackManager.java:336)
    at soot.Main.run(Main.java:198)
    at soot.Main.main(Main.java:141)