[Soot-list] other inputs except java and class files

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau marc-andre.laverdiere-papineau at polymtl.ca
Fri Jan 25 10:11:36 EST 2013

Hello,

Soot is really meant to handle Java bytecode. In other words, it can
handle things that have Java semantics.

So if your stored procedures are in a language that has a subset of the
Java semantics, then you can express them in Java in a
behavior-preserving fashion.

I don't really know how they are implemented, but I know that most in
variants of SQL. That language is minimalistic and should be
translatable easily. However, you will need to model the library calls -
so that will be a lot of work.

Even if you do that, there are the side-effects - what happens if you
change the tables and the like?

So, in other words, you need to set a limit of how much you're willing
to handle.

You may also want to consider translating directly to Jimple. That way,
you save a processing step, but it means you're bound to soot forever
(and maybe your requirements go in the other direction).

Marc-André Laverdière-Papineau
Doctorant - PhD Candidate