[Soot-list] problem in command line

Quentin Sabah quentin.sabah at inria.fr
Thu Jan 31 07:23:48 EST 2013

Hi,

> I wanted to use soot from the command line but, although setting the
> CLASSPATH (
> sootclasses-2.3.0.jar:jasminclasses-2.3.0.jar:polyglotclasses-1.3.5.jar
> but in the right directory ), when running " java soot.Main --help "
> I get the following error: could not find or load main class
> soot.Main. (when I run java -jar soot-2.5.0.jar I don't get any
> error)
>
> What am I missing?

I guess the error message comes from your JVM, not Soot. I suspect your CLASSPATH definition does not reach the JVM when you run it, or the specified path to sootclasses-2.3.0.jar is wrong.

1) Check the CLASSPATH is set correctly by running the "env" command in your shell.
2) Double check the paths you set in CLASSPATH are valid.
3) Try to specify the classpath using a command line argument of your JVM (usually with "-cp").
4) Check the soot jar do contains soot.Main: "jar -tf sootclasses-2.3.0.jar | grep Main" should print "soot/Main.class".

--
Quentin Sabah, co-funded Ph.D. student
Grenoble University
mailto:quentin.sabah at inria.fr  | mailto:quentin.sabah at st.com
phone: +33 476 61 52 42        | phone: +33 476 58 44 14