[Soot-list] Behavior of Options.parse

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jul 1 12:39:22 EDT 2013

Hi.

When running main(..) multiple times you should clear soot.G.reset() in between. This will clear all static state of Soot, which should avoid this problem.

Eric

On 29.06.2013, at 19:47, Guru Devanla <gdevan2 at uic.edu> wrote:

> Hello Soot-List,
>
> I see this strange behaviour of Options. I am running soot.Main.main(<my arguments>).  This statement gets invoked multiple times when I run my test suite but with different set of arguments. It happens that each time I invoke this statement I am also setting the "-cp" argument.
>
> Now, one of the items in the <my arguments> is "-cp". Since, the Options.parse(), does not clear the "options" list before pushing new values, I get the following error:
>
> Duplicate values  <classpath> and <classpath> for -cp
>
> Why is this intended behavior. Can I submit a PR to clear the list?
>
> Thanks
> Guru

Prof. Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering  at Fraunhofer SIT, TU Darmstadt and EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt