[Soot-list] Class loading in Soot

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jul 1 12:42:49 EDT 2013

There's an open bug regarding class loading in Soot:

https://github.com/Sable/soot/issues/88

When using loadClassAndSupport for loading a non-existing class, Soot throws an exception but as a side effect inserts a class reference into the Scene that is "dangling". As a result, if doing the same call again no exception will be thrown and the reference is returned instead. I think we should consistently do either or, i.e., either never throw or always throw. Does anyone have a preference for one over the other?

Prof. Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://sse.ec-spride.de/ http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering  at Fraunhofer SIT, TU Darmstadt and EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt